Is social responsibility important to you?
- It takes nearly five acres of solar panels to power a 180,000 sq. ft. facility filled with manufacturing equipment, lights and computers. The Rio Grande facility utilizes New Mexico’s abundance of sunshine as a renewable power resource!
- Rio is a member of the Responsible Jewellery Council. This council addresses human rights, environmental impact, mining practices, product disclosure and many other areas in the jewelry supply chain.
- The “Toolbox Initiative” was conceived by jewelers Tim McCreight and Matthieu Cheminée to help supply jewelers in West Africa with tools that they otherwise would have no access to. Rio supports this program by shipping tools and supplies bought through Rio Grande to the initiative free of charge.
- Since 1999, Jewelers for Children has donated more than $48 million to help children who are the victim of catastrophic illness or life-threatening abuse and neglect. Rio is a proud sponsor of this foundation and hosts annual events to support it.
- The Rio Grande Sweeps for CERF program accepts precious metal sweeps from customers as donations to help craftspeople across the United States. The sweeps from Rio’s production work go into the effort as well and, together, make a big difference.
We’re the place for you.